Monday, July 20, 2009

Telling Tales


The Victoria and Albert Museum currently has exhibition called Telling Tales featuring furniture, lighting and ceramics that push the boundary between art and design like "Table #1 (pictured above) by Swedish-born artist, Patrik Fredrikson. I don't think I'll be in London any time soon but the interactive exhibit on their website gives you a glimpse at the pieces. Naturally, I like The Forest Glade section which is "inspired by fantasy and nature evoking the spirit of fairytales." I wish I could actually stumble upon these creative objects in a forest. Now that would make a great hike. I would probably never leave. 

I love the inspired "Princess Chair" by Tord Boontje.


The "Linen-Cupboard-House" by Juurgen Bey is straight out of a fairy tale. 


It would be great to take a bath in the woods in Wieki Somers' "Bathboat."

No comments:

Post a Comment