Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ken Burn's The National Parks


Source: Library of Congress

This Sunday PBS will air the first part in a 6-part, 12-hour series of Ken Burn's new documentary The National Parks: America's Greatest Idea. I'm a big fan of Ken Burn's work and this is a subject close to my heart. My favorite place is in the middle of the woods. While we can expect some breathtaking shots of the parks, the story focuses mainly on the people who devoted themselves to preserving these places. One of those people is naturalist John Muir. I visited Muir Woods about this time last year and it was an unforgettable experience. I could have stayed there forever.

For those of you who live near DC, Burns will be signing books this weekend at the National Book Festival on the National Mall this Saturday. He will be in the History and Biography Pavilion from 3-4pm.

Source: Library of Congress


Source: Ted Orland


Source: QT Luong, terragalleria.com

No comments:

Post a Comment