Tuesday, August 4, 2009

And now, my birthday!

Of course, Matt never fails to make my birthday special. He took me for an early birthday dinner at DC's The Iron Gate, probably the most romantic setting in the city to have  meal. I enjoyed my lemon-dill salmon and chocolate mousse cake under a canopy of grape vines and lights that form the false ceiling. It feels so magical there.




(I love birthday coupons! And I can't believe how much the dog on the picture looks like my Gypsy.)

Unfortunately, I was a little under-the-weather on my actual day so Matt brought me beautiful flowers, cupcakes from Cake Love and some gifts. I spent most of the day lying in bed reading a Sookie Stackhouse novel... it was great!


(See!)

(Cupcakes from Cake Love — two lemon, two strawberry.)

(The Iron Gate sign.)
(The entrance to The Iron Gate.)

(Our birthday dinner table.)

(The false ceiling made of lights and grape vines. You can see some of the grapes hanging down.)


(My latest Sookie Stackhouse read.)

No comments:

Post a Comment